I became a homeowner for the first time in February this year. Here’s a round-up of the top 10 things I have learnt since moving out.
- Getting the first lot of post is fun and exciting, until you realise it’s bills and more bills.
- The washing up doesn’t get done by itself.
- Nor does the ironing or cooking.
- Neither does the cleaning for that matter (but you do feel a sense of accomplishment once it’s all completed).
- All of your money goes on furniture, blinds and curtains instead of clothes, shoes and lipsticks!
- Shopping at Aldi/Lidl is both a blessing and a curse – did we really need those extra Groovy Bars?
- Who drinks all the milk?
- I have WAY too many clothes to fit into the wardrobe space I have, yet I still have nothing to wear.
- You check that you’ve locked the front door 2,352 times before driving off to work. And then half way there you wonder if you turned your straighteners off?!
- You realise how much you miss your family, even though you’re only down the road and you see them weekly.
Can I come back home yet, Mom?